Saturday, November 14, 2009

White bowls

6.5"x8" oil on board
The painting above both have a white bowl as a focal point of the painting. The top was painted during class I was teaching, a student was working with this group of objects and this was my attempt to demonstrate the use of color when painting a white object. My focus being to capture the illusion of the roundness of the bowl. This was a quick painting, I would steal in a few brush strokes as I rotated around the room providing guidance to the dozen students.

I would have liked to paint larger but my large easel was being used at the time to paint the platter in the previous post. I was interested in the handling of the crest, it is not as much of focal point in this painting as it was on the platter.
8"x8" oil on board

No comments:

Post a Comment