Wednesday, January 13, 2010

by the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful...

after what seams like weeks of fog and gloom the sun is out today

9.75" x 3.75 oil on board
This location is one I have painted many times. This painting from a photo I borrowed brought back so many memories of this vista, I felt I was there again. I took painting workshops in Carpintera over 15 years ago. I haven't been back since, but with a paintbrush in hand the terrain was very familiar.
18" x 36" oil; on canvas
This studio painting of the Santa Cruz lighthouse is also from photo reference. Not a vista I have painted before, it was more of a struggle to capture the feel of the place. I created more of a feeling of winter in this painting, taking more of a clue from the weather around me as I painting than the atmosphere of the day I took the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment