Tuesday, April 6, 2010

star magnolia


I've noticed that I have been painting in pairs. Typically I chalk this up to inner programing that tells me: "if it's worth painting once why not paint it again" I fool myself thinking that it will be easier the second time. I always think I could have handled something differently. So many options, how to handle something, you don't know what it will look like till it's done. I just get to express my impressions at the time.

These blooming branches, barely more than twigs actually were painted during the class I have been teaching for Modesto Parks and Recreation. If the class is progressing smoothly I am able to set up something to paint. Between working the room assisting students I would demonstrate with my paintings. I try to impress the concept that it's possible to paint quickly.

these are both 10" x 8" oil on board

No comments:

Post a Comment