Friday, January 25, 2013

plumb blossoms

39" x 24.5"

It took me the better part of two days to get the painting packed and to the post office. Time spent packing the painting is only a fraction of what it took to produce it but the creative time seems to flow at a different speed. The process of applying colors and honing the surface is time rewarded by the anticipated visual rewards. Maybe it is the space needed to protect and secure the painting is what I resent the most. It's the sacrifice of my work table for packing and not painting is what I begrudge. Being in the right state of mind to create needs to align with having the space to be creative. 

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous! Hope it's gonna be happy in its new home!

    P.S. I should have a package heading your way next week!

    ReplyDelete