Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Valley Sun Catcher Show

I have three paintings in a show at the Mislin Gallery in Modesto, CA. This show is showing work from members of the Valley Sun Catchers, a group of plein air painters that strive to capture the essence of the world around us by painting out of doors. Also in this show is three dimensional work from members of the San Joaquin Pottery Guild.

10" x 8" oil on board
This painting of a friends front yard captured my interest because of the red crape myrtle that grew along her driveway. It was such a deep blood red, darker than any I've seen before, I wanted to try to capture it's likeness in paint. The other two paintings I have in the show are of Half Dome in Yosemite.

10" x 8" oil on board

8" x 8" oil on board

No comments:

Post a Comment