Wednesday, August 5, 2009

cosmos - library table

In my post from earlier today I show paintings with this table top as the background. I was having technical difficulties and could not include these images with that post. Above is a picture of my Studio Gallery taken in May 2007. The table was painted in 1992 in Laguna Beach. I recall spending over an hour painting each layer of the spiral, each spiral and crosshair had numerous layers of paint (6 to 12). I layered the paint and sanded through to reveal the colors. Many of the layers were metallic or iridescent paints. It is hard to commit that much time to a project. If I paint a piece of furniture now I find a faster way to get the effect I want. I do like this painting technique, a detail of the table's top is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment