Sunday, August 23, 2009

not so still lives



This painting with it's curvaceous piece of pottery is a detail of the clutter that surrounds me. Things just pile up, I prefer the term "stack". I tend to create clusters of stacked objects. It is pretty easy when you have a lot to build with, like me. I find these constructions to have unlimited potential taking in limitations of space and gravity.

I like to paint the same subject more than once I don't feel I captured everything I experience in a subject if I don't give it a second try. The proceeding blog entry, the one that follows this, shows another view of this collection. Things are always in transition, these may be still lives but they are always evolving. some subtle additions or subtractions or maybe it's a complete make over. The following are to views of the same area one from last week and is just days past a month ago.  
 

all 10" x 8" oil on board

No comments:

Post a Comment