Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blue Pitcher
8" x 8" oil on board

So far all of the eight inch square paintings have been recent going as far back as last month. Newer work has not been photographed as of yet. Most of these small paintings have been done in one sitting, only a few needed to be adjusted the next day.

This blue pitcher is about five inches round. I was attracted to it's color, simple shape, graceful handle. I knew that I would want it in many paintings. The table top that it is sitting on is one that shows up in many of my paintings. It is an old library table that I painted shortly after I moved to CA, probably in 1992. The top has 1/4" lines and spirals of colors inlayed in the paint. I went a bit over the top with this one, I timed how long it tool each layer of color in the spiral took, about an hour, each spiral has about 20 layers. The end result was spectacular but the time involved was overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment