Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Sonic Ray
8"x8" oil on board
In this painting a toy gun (flash light actually) is sitting on a sketch book.

Who would have thought that I would end up with a gun collection. Not much of a collection yet but I've seen this kind of thing has happened before first there is one toy gun then before you know it there are more. I haven't painted all of them, yet.

I think I have some other Buck Rogers stuff somewhere. I have a costume that was purchased from the estate of Mary Pickford, if I remember the provenance correctly. I recall it being silver lamé with a lighting bolt across the chest. I don't know if Mary P. ever had a Buck Roger experience. It could have been from some other science fiction story. Maybe someday I'll pair up the dress with the gun in a painting. Don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment