Saturday, February 21, 2009

plum blossoms

I working on some branches from my red leafed plum tree. I brought the branches in the house on Monday, Today Friday, so maybe it's very early Saturday already, the branches are about 50% open. The petals haven't started to fall yet. My first year living in this house I brought some almond branches in. As they started losing there petals, my house began to look like it snowed indoors. The look was spectacular, but it did require some intensive housecleaning afterwords.

This painting, 20" x 10" oil on board, is only getting started. I realise I want the paint to dry out a little before I continue. Besides I'm just tired, it's been a busy week. The white flowers require a little effort to maintain  a clean white color with the burnt orange behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment